Monday, October 16, 2017

Sunshine in my Pocket...

The weather report was for sunny skies, temperatures in the high 70's, 


but when we arrived at the beach, the skies looked like this. 


No sun, only big dark clouds...and can you see that barge, way off in the distance?


We are in the town of Bay Head, the homes along the beach are all large, beautiful, beachy homes.


The hubs took this one, he likes to photograph the beach fences.


And remember that barge, way off in the distance, 
the hubs was able to capture it with the "zoomy" lens...
and if you did not already know, 
"zoomy" is not a word, neither is "beachy"!


This is where we find most of the glass, on either side of this wooden jetty.


When we started, it was morning...as we left, it was afternoon.
The sun never came out...


But that was o.k., because my pocket is filled with sea glass and beach sand.
My feet are wet, my toes are free and happy and covered in sand.
My hair is untamed, wind blown...the salty air has changed it...and it has changed me.
It's hard to walk away - I love it here!

But let's get on to the good stuff - Sea Glass


This is what I found...70+ pieces,


this is what the hubs found, 50+ pieces.
If you follow my blog, you know this is a contest. 
Chuck did find the best/biggest piece, the large green one in the center, it was a winner.
Of course I won on quantity.


Here it all is on my pretty shell dish, 
gifts from the ocean...
when it returns the glass to us, it is so much softer and prettier.

October 15, 2017

22 comments:

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Lovely shots. And beachy IS a word. People often act beachy when you poke 'em in the eye. See. I use the word all the time.

Marie Smith said...

Even wih those skies, it is a glorious place, Debbie.

Adam said...

Weather could be worse I suppose

Changes in the wind said...

It may not be sunny but it is still pretty. Lovely homes there.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Perfect, I'd say!

You didn't have to squint as much, as in sun. There were probably less people around, than on a sunny day. Seee? Better all round! :-))))

Wow those homes are close to the beach. Not only for high tides, but for people being rather up-close. But then, people are just as up-close, on a front walk way.

The PRIZE!!!!!! SEA GLASS!!!!! Ohhhhhh sighhhhhhhhhhhh.... How very, very, very lucky you are!!!! to be near enough, to find sea glass! L-U-C-K-Y!!!!

Hugs, hugs, hugs,
Luna Crone

Linda said...

Such a beautiful post! I love how you love the beach! KInd of the way I feel about the country! If I lived closer to the water, I would feel the same about it. It’s a good 6+ hours to the coast from the DFW area. Only 2 hours to the country.
Love your sea glass. We don’t find much of that on the Gulf Shores in Texas.

Geraldine said...

what a great stash of sea glass, I LOVE sea glass, well done.

hope you have a super week!!!

Sally said...

Wonderful collection, Debbie! You guys have the best places to visit (I think I've told you that about 20 times). :)

Love the beach!

xoxo

Ruth Hiebert said...

The beach glass is so decorative.Even on a cloudy day the scenes are beautiful.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Your sea-glass just amazes me and makes me want to visit the Atlantic shore again now that I know about it. (Learned through your blog posts -- earlier as well as this one) .... I wonder why there isn't such a thing on the Pacific Coast ... at least I've never heard of it. Wonderful pictures both of the glass arrangements and the beach walks. Being from Oregon I'm very used to cloudy beaches and I love any day at the beach (even though I never find sea glass).

Sue (this n that) said...

Love yours, and hubs', photos of your beachy day :D)
So much sea glass to be found too. I especially love those pale aqua pieces. Little jewels, processed by the sea... quite lovely!

Brian King said...

Oh, nice moody clouds! They make for great sky photos! Great finds on the sea glass!

Jill said...

Wonderful photos. I really love that little walkway. It's so much fun to see where you get all of your sea glass. Your collection must be huge!

The Furry Gnome said...

Amazing the sea glass you collect. You can use words like zoomy and beachy if you're just a little creative!

LeAnn said...

I find your sea glass collection amazing! What a fun thing to do and then compete at it too. Your trip to the beach look like a lovely adventure. Very interesting to see a beautiful beach vacent of people. I imagine the day was pretty nice without the sunshine. Blessings for you two!

Liz Hinds said...

The beach is the best place!
I've recently started collecting sea glass but most of it around here tends to be green. Did you see the enormous red piece I found recently though? I thought it was jelly when I first saw it!

Anonymous said...

Beachy is most definitely a word. At least in my house it is.

Lowcarb team member said...

Your sea glass is such amazing colours.

All the best Jan

Unknown said...

I had pretty much the same experience this past weekend, Debbie.
I was at a beach in Massachusetts. Cloudy and "misty" all day, but the sun did end up coming out.
Of course, it was just in time for it to starting going down for the day!! :-)

betty-NZ said...

Even a cloudy day at the beach beats a lot of other things you could be doing!! And, for your information, if you use it more than once, then it's really a 'word'!!

21 Wits said...

It's still a lovely place, sunshine or not! You have the best luck in finding all that glass!

Ida said...

What a gorgeous beach. I loved the hubs picture of the fence. The sea glass is so pretty.