Friday, September 8, 2017

Who Needs A Haircut....

When we snuck off to Connecticut, the hubs was in desperate need of a haircut.
Our favorite breakfast spot Noah's, was right next door to an old time Barber Shop.
It was a chilly morning and the sun had yet to come out.
You get where I'm going with this?
I thought we could kill a few minutes, while the hubs got a haircut.
He was not on board, but I persisted.
For those that know me, I am persistent and most often get my way.
This time was no different.
You should have heard me, you need a haircut, it will be fun, the place will be empty, 
it's nice to support a local business, we will be in and out in 10 minutes,
you won't have to do it when we get back...
Fast forward 15 minutes of convincing him, in we go, and the place was packed.
Apparently, this was a hot spot and Doug was a popular guy.



This ended up being super fun and quite the experience.
But don't think you are going to fly in and out in this small town Barber Shop,
- nope - that's not happening.
There is a lot of talking, exchanging of stories and fish tales.

The hubs got a great haircut, in this very old time Barber Shop.
Thanks Doug!
And was there a wait when we left? 
You bet there was, Doug is one awesome Barber and everyone in Stonington knows it!

21 comments:

Francisco Manuel Carrajola Oliveira said...

Uma barbearia muito bem decorada, gostei de ver.
Um abraço e bom fim-de-semana.

Andarilhar
Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
O prazer dos livros

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Debbie! These are great photos. I like the second one with your hubby smiling and Doug smiling in the reflection. They have a nice collection of hats on the wall. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

Prunella Pepperpot said...

A nice little barbers shop and your Husband's haircut is perfect.
Have a fantastic weekend Debbie :)

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

I could use his services

Sally said...

I love barber shops! Had one of my best haircuts in one, a long time ago.

Chuck looks great thanks to his little woman insisting. :)

xoxo

Adam said...

Not many of those around anymore. I went to one as a kid. The last time I had a stranger cut my hair was at a Great Clips like seven years ago, but it's more "salon" than barbershop. Much cheaper just to do it at home.

Anvilcloud said...

Sue never notices when I need a haircut. She does my hair, and I have to be the one to ask.

Marie Smith said...

Our neaighbour was a barber. The same was true of him and his shop too! Great post!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

And Doug looks super!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Small town barber shop. Sounds like small town lots of things. People gather, enjoy each other's company, "shoot the breeze," take a break... Etc. A nice way of life. That sadly,is disappearing, in many places.

Keep Doug going back! helping to save a disappearing institution. :-)

21 Wits said...

Well, there are some who could. This is really fun to see, great place.

DeniseinVA said...

Now that is an old time barber shop where talking goes along with the cut. Love all the hats up above the mirrors. Fun photos Debbie.

Pam said...

Oh that is so cool. I love going in small places like that and to get a great haircut....awesome. Sounds like fun and looks like he is enjoying it! Fun....

Brian King said...

The old school shops are getting harder to find. The ones I've been to are often quite busy. It's worth it, though!

Jenn Jilks said...

Isn't that fun? There is something to be said for small towns. We're taking a trip, one night, soonish.

Unknown said...

It sounds like a good old-fashioned barber shop, and there just are not enough of these around anymore.
What fun for both of you!!!
xo.

Conniecrafter said...

You crack me up, we will be in and out in 10 minutes.... looks like your hubby enjoyed the experience also :)
I cut my hubby's hair, have ever since he was in the Air Force, when we were young it was because we didn't get paid much and when he started making rank he said he felt I did a good job so I just kept it up. Looks like it was an interesting shop!

Unknown said...

Love all the hats up above the mirrors. Fun photos Debbie.


pirates of the caribbean 5

LeAnn said...

Wow, I love the fun photos of the shop and especially the hats. I especially loved the ones of your hubby enjoying his haircut. He could make a good advertisement for the business. My husband loved to go to a good barber but recently he's had a hard time finding one. He doesn't like the chain barbershops at all. I know he would love this one. Blessings and hugs~

Lowcarb team member said...

Great photo's and a super hair cut.

All the best Jan

Sue (this n that) said...

aw, that's so nice :D)

vaiybora said...

A nice little barbers shop and your Husband's haircut is perfect.

หนังออนไลน์