Friday, December 4, 2015

Yarn Along!!

I finished my green Donnie's Hat that I shared last week.
You will have to use your imagination 
to view it finished 
as I did not photograph it once it was done.
And Jaun, my niece's boyfriend is already wearing it.
The color was perfect with his olive colored skin,
and once again, no picture of him wearing it.
(I am holding my head down in shame)

Next up, two projects...
I like to have one easy project going...
and one challenge that I can only work on when
the hubs is napping.

 My easy project is another 
Donnie's Hat
this is the same 100% baby alpaca yarn I used for the green hat.
I really like working with it, it knits up beautifully
and it is for a friend for Christmas.
The color is so pretty, a purple/silver.

  My knitting teacher Leanne found my "difficult" project.
She has way too much faith in me, and she thinks I can do this.

It is a Guernsey Triangle
I have read the pattern and I think I may require some help with this one.
That becomes a problem because Leanne is working full time now.
Can you believe the nerve of her??
hehehe
But even with her busy schedule she ordered the pattern for me,
at a moment's notice,
because it seems my Ravelry is in Japanese.
(Once again, I am holding my head down in shame)
I need a young computer wiz kid, 
to live with me, mine have abandoned me.

 Do you see the size of that needle??
I have never worked with anything that big/large/long,
I am terrified.
One thing that inspires me is that it is Maggie's yarn,
and that I find to be extremely inspirational.

I'll keep you posted
and many thanks to Leanne, I'm not sure why she continues
to answer my texts!!

I am joining Ginny at Small Things 
for
Yarn Along

11 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

Once you get the hang of it you will LOVE knitting on that long needle. Well, I do so I'm assuming you will too. ;)

Sally said...

You. Can. Do. It. Yes, you can and you will! :)

xoxo

Latane Barton said...

Oh, you can do it, girl. Your knitting is so lovely I can't imagine you not figuring a pattern out and producing this wonderful gift for someone.

TexWisGirl said...

glad you can still rely on leanne. :) i like your little snowfolks in the first shot. :)

Farm Girl said...

I am so glad you have such a great teacher. I love your projects. You are just amazing and I love the colors.

LeAnn said...

Way to go girl; you are knitting up a storm. Your work is beautiful! I would have loved the pictures of the finished one; but perhaps this next one. I do think you can tackle this next one. I must take up crocheting again; I do love it.
Blessings and hugs!

MarmePurl said...

You can do it! (And I am only 4-6 hours way to pinch hit for LeAnn if you need help).

Stephanie said...

Looks like great fun, Debbie. You are getting to be qute the pro knitter {{smiles}} Can't wait to see your finished project. Happy weekend!

Conniecrafter said...

So sad we can't see the hat done but it is great that it is already being used and loved!! Maybe you will remember the next one before you give it away to your lucky friend :)
Oh your challenge project looks so pretty, I have knitted those washcloths that go from one triangle end to the other, I am probably not saying that clearly , but anyway I wonder if it works the same way. Good luck!

Caffeine Girl said...

The hat is lovely. I'll have to track down that pattern.
You can do the challenge project! I didn't know that the Guernsey came in a triangle. I recently picked up yarn to do the original rectangular shawl. Don't be afraid of the long needles. Circular needles are your friend!

Lowcarb team member said...

So nice that you have a great teacher.

All the best Jan