Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Playing with Herbs...Part 2

I find inspiration every single day, in so many ways.
From the places I visit, from the Internet
and from Pinterest.

And every day, in every single way, I am inspired by reading your blogs.
You guys have the best ideas for everything.

sent me a link to a blog,
she said "you are going to love this idea".
She does that all the time and boy was she right.

She sent me this link to
As soon as I saw what she had done, I knew I had to recreate the look.

I can't tell you how excited I am to share this 
fun gardening idea!!

Here's my take on things...

 Dill

Basil

Burlap sacks, with a plastic liner.
Filled with topsoil,
and then my herbs, that I had started indoors.
TexWisGirl at The Run*A*Round Ranch  
found these for me on Etsy
and sent me the link.
The rest was history...

 Sweet Basil

 Dill

For now, they are hanging from the posts on my brandy new fence.
I would like to find some hooks and hang them closer together!!

Here's my first harvest of Dill,
I made pasta salad with it...
 no pictures, I forgot, use your imagination, it was delish!!

May 15, 2015

Sharing images from my fun herb project with
Stephanie at The Enchanting Rose

19 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i like your brandy new fence! :) and cute little herb baggies. :)

TexWisGirl said...

p.s. this post proves i've become an enabler to you... :)

Debbie said...

hehehe....you are just now figuring that out. i reach for you when i am feeling a little blue and you extent your hand from texas and make everything better. you have done that so many times for me. as you browse the internet, you are always thinking of your friends and what they would love and enjoy...you really no your friends!!!!!

Sally said...

How wonderful! Such great ideas. Used to be that Home Depot sold hangers for fences (to put pots of flowers, so I don't think that would work for you). Theresa is a wonderful person also! :)

xoxo

Muffie said...

I love, love, love that idea! They look great! My herbs are staying indoors this year.

eileeninmd said...

Tex found you a cute way to grow your herbs. I like your new fence, it comes in handy to hang your herbs. I hope you are having a great day!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

I used to play basketball with a Herb. No wait. Maybe his name was Lou.

karen said...

That is such a cute & neat idea.

MarmePurl said...

I just love blogger buddy stories!

Debbie said...

hehehe, true story, she is my biggest supporter!! joan, i never get an email when you post a comment on my blog. i don't know why?!?!

Laura. M said...

You have fantastic ideas, Debbie !!!
Besos.

Brian King said...

Nicely done! That IS right up your alley! And, yes, she who resides in TX is very much an enabler. :-)

Sally said...

I had to come back; do you think those really big S hooks would work? I'm stumped, and not just for your new planters; the grasshoppers are back here in full force. I'm afraid to plant pretty flowers because last year was a disaster; they tried to eat everything. :)

Gillian Olson said...

They look great, I bet that would work for flowers too, petunias flowing out of the sack come to mind. Fun post!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Yes I agree Tex is a star and very talented artist. Now these bags with herbs look a great idea. Dresses up the fence also.

21 Wits said...

Wow, what a great idea, they are all doing so well too. Your dill is fabulous, it's one of my favorites especially with cucumbers! Besides like everything else too. Yummy! I'm going to go check out that what we keep link too, thanks for including it, I feel an inspiration burning inside of me!

Farm Girl said...

What a wonderful idea, Just being right there to use in cooking! They look great!

LeAnn said...

Wow, I really liked these ideas. I am amazed by people that are so creative. I love that you share these ideas and it is a great way to grow herbs.
Blessings for this one!

Kim said...

What a cool idea and how great do those burlap sacks look filled with pretty green herbs hanging on your new fence. Just visiting from the bottom of the world via The Enchanting Rose.