Thursday, May 3, 2012

Rural Thursday Blog Hop #8

I don't love Pineapple Upside Down Cake
but lately it's been all the rage on Pinterest!!

Cracker Barrel featured it for a short time on their dessert menu
and let me tell you kids, it was amazing!

I'm not sure why I ordered it at Cracker Barrel,
I think I planned on eating the sweet stuff off the top
and giving the rest to the hubs...
and it was only $ 3.49, you just can't beat the price.

ooohhhhh it was so good!

So long story, even longer, I have been dying to make it! 

Yesterday, I baked folks and today I'll share the details!
This was easy peasy.


Here's the ingredient line up...

One yellow cake mix, with all the necessary ingredients,
(eggs, oil and water)
One Can of Pineapple Chunks
One stick of butter and 1 & 1/2 cups of brown sugar

Lightly grease the muffin cups,
8 would probably work better, but I don't have one.


Melt the good stuff,


then add the better stuff...the brown sugar of course,


and mix it till it looks like this!!


Prepare cake mix as per the directions on the box.


First a little of the sugar/butter mixture,
just enough to cover the bottoms.


Add diced pineapple chucks,


fill 3/4 full with cake batter and bake for 18 -20 minutes!!


If your lucky and they "pop out", they'll look like this!!
This recipe makes about 24 yummy little cakes!!

So there it is, my rural story for today.
I'm sharing it with
A Rural Thursday Blog Hop
Please visit Nancy at A Rural Journal
and Lisa at Two Bears Farm

Think about hoping in and hoping around!!

ps...I just realized I forgot the cherries, ooops!!


31 comments:

Adrienne said...

oh yummy! and easy! Right up my alley. My husband and kids all love pineapple, so this is a must try!

Jill said...

Boy oh boy! I'm sure I just gained 5 pounds. Looks fantastic! Great to see you baking again. :)

Chatty Crone said...

My husband would love those- thank. sandie

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Yum! It's been a while, but I have made them in muffin cups like that before :-)

barbara l. hale said...

Those do look good...even without the cherries.

DeniseinVA said...

You know, I don't think I have ever had Pineapple Upside Down Cake. This looks so good I'm going to have to give it a try. Thanks for the recipe.

Bev said...

I'm going to have to try it... this is the second time I have read about it...and too funny about the cherries...sounds like something I would do:)

Blessed Serendipity said...

Those look delish. Those tempting little cakes are making my mouth water.

xo
Danielle

Elizabeth Edwards said...

i've got to try this. looks yummy. (:

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Oh my word, this looks delish!! I'll have to make this next time we have friends over. Looks good and easy, my fav kind of recipe!! Thanks for sharing.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Not a good post to read after lunch,where I didn't have dessert. YUMMY!!!!
I love pineapple anything,so this would go over real well.

Scrappy Pink Corner said...

OOh, that sounds really good. My husband is actually on his way to pick me up for lunch and I think crackel barrel sounds good. Maybe I will try it if they have it here.
Your look delicious. I'll take 2. LOL.
TFS. ANA

Farm Girl said...

I have never been a fan of it but yours looks fantastic. I might have to try this just because. Then pray I don't eat the whole thing. :)
They look great!

Anonymous said...

It's been quite a while since I've had a pineapple upside down cake. This looks delicious!

Marijke said...

Safe one for me please. If I jump on my bike to have a coffee and a cake with you I think they are already gone. Great post Debby.

Ellie said...

I've never had pineapple upside down cake before. I love pineapple though.
These looks quite easy - I might just give them a try!!

Andee said...

Oh yummy! I am going to have to try to make them. They look so good.

Julie G. said...

You should have your own cooking show or blog, Debbie! My mouth watered while scrolling through this wonderful post. Anything with butter and brown sugar in it is my kind of dessert. I will have to try these. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Susan said...

Looking quite delicious Debbie (the cakes as well... lol!)

Loved your baking session - beautiful photos :D)

Lisa Sall - Sall's Country Life said...

oh gosh, those look delicious! I'm definitely trying your recipe!!

Karen said...

I like it better without the cherries!

Unknown said...

Wow this looks great! I'm a new follower, I would love if you followed me back at: http://iheartpears.blogspot.com Thanks!

Unknown said...

Wow this looks great! I'm a new follower, I would love if you followed me back at: http://iheartpears.blogspot.com Thanks!

eileeninmd said...

Hi Debbie, your pineapple upside down cakes looks yummy. I wish I could taste one. Huby and I have tried Cracker Barrels Pineapple Upside down cake and we loved it. Thanks for sharing the recipe, it looks easy. Have a Happy :) Weekend!

Lisa Gordon said...

I DO love pineapple upside down cake, and this looks so simple and so yummy Debbie. Perfect for dessert this weekend. Thank you so much for sharing here!

Gillian Olson said...

Oh, those look really good, I think I could dig into one of those about now. May have to go out tomorrow and find one somewhere now!

Angie said...

I'm pinning this!!! I make my dad pineapple upside down cakes often (his favorite) but these minis are so precious. I'm excited to try these :)

Nancy said...

Oh wow -- these look amazing, Debbie! Great post. :)

NancyHoho said...

Great idea to make them as cupcakes. They look yummy...especially without the cherries!!

LeAnn said...

Just what I need another yummy recipe. This looks like one not to pass up; thanks for sharing it.
Blessings!

Susan said...

Oh my gosh, those do look good! I'm gonna have to try that someday!